»Ë»Ñ Ä¿¹Â´ÏƼ

¿µ¾î·Î °íÀüÀбâ_3

THE LITTLE PRINCE

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

CHAPTER 2

So I lived by myself, with no one to talk to, till six years ago, my plane came down in the Sahara Desert with a broken engine. Without a mechanic or any passengers, I ventured to perform the difficult repairs on my own. It was a matter of life and death – there wasn¡¯t enough drinking water to last a week.

Miles away from civilization, I spent my first night on the sand, more lost than a castaway in the middle of a vast ocean. So imagine my astonishment when a strange voice woke me the next morning.

It said: ¡®Please ¡¦ could you draw me a sheep!¡¯

¡®What!¡¯

¡®Draw me a sheep!¡¯

Utterly startled, I sprang up. Blinking hard, I surveyed the area around myself cautiously. There stood an incredibly small person studying me intently. This is the best portrait I could manage from memory. But the actual person was far more fascinating.

The fault is not mine. Discouraged from becoming a painter when I was six years old, I only know how to draw boas from the inside and from the outside.

20240422052758_FRtIIzQgDI.jpeg

Now this sudden vision made my eyes fall out of my head in disbelief. As you are aware, I had crash-landed in the desert many miles from any habitation. Yet this fellow seemed neither weary nor astray; he wasn¡¯t even fainting from hunger or thirst or fear. He did not look like a child lost in the middle of the desert, far away from any living thing. When I finally found I could speak, I asked him, ¡®What are you doing here?¡¯

¡®Please ¡¦ could you draw me a sheep?¡¯ he repeated slowly, with care, as if this was a matter of great importance.

ÃßõÇϱ⠴ٸ¥ÀÇ°ß 0
|
°øÀ¯¹öÆ°
÷ºÎÆÄÀÏ
  • 9C5BE6A9-28EE-4662-808E-D5951094E04E.jpeg
  • ¾Ë¸² ¿å¼³, »óó ÁÙ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â ¾ÇÇÃÀº »ï°¡ÁÖ¼¼¿ä.
©¹æ »çÁø  
¡â ÀÌÀü±Û¡ä ´ÙÀ½±Û